A First Rate Thriller That Never Lets Up
Slick Dungeon here, streaming to you live from inside of a dull, dusty, dungeon. I know that everyone is saying that The Invisible Man is a fantastic and frightening thriller. I am sure I will get around to seeing it at some point but I watched a truly gripping thriller on Shudder last night and no one had to become invisible in that movie for it to be terrifying.
Cold Hell is a movie about a serial killer in Vienna, Austria. He is targeting Muslim women who have become prostitutes. I’m not going to give away much more of the plot here because I seriously think everyone should just watch this, it’s that good. There is some blood and the violence is brutal and vicious and realistic. But, it’s not overly gore drenched because it simply doesn’t need to be.
If you watch this, here are some things you can look forward to.
- A protagonist who is a total bad ass and not someone who just seems like a victim.
- The most intense killer in the back seat car chase I have ever seen in my life.
- Police who do their jobs and are not stupid, heartless or foolish in the film.
- Great acting.
- A lot of subtitles to read, but it’s worth it.
- An extremely believable reason as to why the serial killer has gone free so long.
- Non-stop intensity. That’s not to say that all scenes are action scenes, far from it, but in every frame of this film you feel the weight of it.
- A satisfying conclusion to the action. I won’t say if it ends well or not for the heroine but the end was perfect.
- A film of reasonable length that still wallops a mean punch. This is only about 90 minutes long so you probably have time to see it.
- A reason to keep streaming movies while you are bored at home.
Cold Hell caught me off guard because a lot of what is on Shudder is kind of silly or the third rate trash bin flicks I usually tend to watch. I love those and I am definitely going to keep reviewing them but this one is for anyone who just likes a good thriller. This is riveting and I loved every second of it. Do me a favor and give it a try. If you can stand a little blood, this is totally worth the time.
PS: Need shudder? You can get it at the link below:
This page contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I only ever endorse products I have personally used. Thank you for your support!