Here I am stuck in a dungeon with nothing but bad books to read. But sometimes I wonder what books I would put on my ideal bookshelf. If I was stranded on a desert island instead of this place, what five books would I most want to have with me? My list is below.
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – I know, I know, this is three books. But, it was intended to be one book so I am counting it as one. I can re-read this over and over and every single time I find something new to marvel at. It’s my favorite book ever.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – It’s an American classic and it even now seems to say everything you need to know about love, life and wealth.
- The Stand by Stephen King – I had to have a novel by the worlds best horror writer. Technically this one is not exactly horror but it’s an amazing read.
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas – Intrigue, revenge, politics, non-stop action, this book has everything to make a story great.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding – To remind myself how bad things can go wrong on a desert island. And because it’s a gripping, excellent read.
What are the five books you would bring on a desert island? Let me know in the comments.