Hey, Slick, where are your favorite places to read I ask myself. Why, I am so glad you asked that, Slick, I answer myself. I read quite a lot and although, I tend to be a somewhat slow reader compared to many of my peers, I do read more than the average human shaped entity. I’ve got a few places I really like to read. For no particular reason, I listed these below. Do you have a favorite place to read? Do you like it more when there is no one around or if there is a crowd around you? Let me know in the comments.
- In bed before I fall asleep. Who doesn’t love curling up with a good book as you are about to head off to sleep? I do have to be careful with this one sometimes though because if a book is good enough, I am reading all night and getting zero sleep.
- While camping. I absolutely love reading while outdoors. Especially if I am reading a fantasy novel. I can easily imagine the events taking place in the Shire happening right where I am. The only real drawback is if the bugs start gnawing at my flesh. In a way that just adds to the imagination though.
- On the train. There’s something hypnotic about reading while the countryside passes you by. The tricky part about this one for me, is that sometimes people will see that you are reading a book and try to strike up a conversation with you about the book. Apparently these people don’t realize I would rather be reading but, whatever. And on a very rare occasion I do end up talking to a book lover I can relate to so I guess it’s not all bad. I usually put on headphones so that I can prevent the conversation but it’s nowhere near one hundred percent effective.
- At work. Okay so again, this is one to be careful with but every once in a while, I would sneak off into the bathroom and read a book on my phone for a few minutes. I only recommend doing this when you really don’t have anything to do for a few minutes and with a book you know you won’t get absolutely engrossed in. If you get a lunchtime at work, that’s also a good time to go have a bit of a read.
- On a stormy and cold night in front of a fire. This situation, in my opinion, is best suited for reading horror novels. Stephen King and I have shared many, many hours this way, and that man can still haunt the heck out of my dreams. I can’t get enough of his books.
- In my dungeon. Yep, right here in this dungeon that I fell into, I love reading because, well, that’s what there is to do here. That and watch bad movies but hey, it’s better than falling into a pit trap or battling off a horde of Orcs, am I right? Yeah, I am.
2 thoughts on “My Favorite Places to Read”
I prefer to read alone, sometimes in bed, sometimes curled up under a blanket or sometimes sprawled out on the floor.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Those are all good places. Except the floor, In my dungeon it’s cold hard granite so sprawling is not my favorite activity.