I read a fair amount and while I do try to focus on the story, sometimes my mind wanders. Here’s ten thoughts I have had recently.
- How does everyone in romance novels stay so fit and healthy, yet never seem to go to the gym?
- Who chose Tuesday as the day new books come out? Why is Tuesday so special?
- Do hardcover book jackets automatically get destroyed or is that just because I am not careful enough?
- In zombie books, why don’t the animals ever become zombies? If they did, would they have to eat the same kind of animal? Or could like a horse eat a chicken and be good?
- I’ll go to sleep in twenty minutes or once I finish this chapter. Twenty minutes later… that chapter was too good, I’ll go to sleep in twenty minutes or when I finish this chapter. Twenty minutes later… you get it
- Lifting a heavy book totally counts as exercise. I need another Oreo.
- This whole entire book is just made up of different ways of rearranging twenty-six letters.
- Wait, so the guy is a werewolf, dating a woman who is a vampire but the witch coven hates them both. Have I already read this? Aww man I have already read this…
- Did anyone far in the past predict fax machines in a story? And if they did, were people who read that story super excited when we finally got them. And if they were, are they still excited now?
- I should probably find a better book to read.