I watch a lot of strange stuff and although I try to concentrate, sometimes my mind wanders. For no particular reason I thought I would share some thoughts with you.
- Was the discovery of popcorn a complete accident or what? Who thought to pop the kernels? Or was there just a fire too close or something?
- Why exactly do my shoes stick to the floor when I walk into a theater, no matter if the theater has just been cleaned? Do I actually even want to know the answer to this one? (probably not)
- If I was to calculate the number of explosions in a Michael Bay film, and then check the running time, what percentage of the movie is property damage?
- Does Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson still refer to himself as “The Rock” in his own head?
- Why would anyone buy the theater nachos?
- In two years, people born in the year 2000 will legally be allowed to drink. How convenient is it to know your age by just knowing the year anyway? Seems handy to me.
- Is it worse to have bad CGI or bad makeup? They both look terrible but one feels like it takes more effort and I am not sure which one it is.
- Not enough people in the world have seen a movie where someone’s head gets crushed in by a weight machine.
- If they replaced the dialogue with Mad Libs would this improve the movie? Answer: yes.
- What am I doing with my life?
Thanks for reading my weirdness. If you enjoyed this then feel free to sign up for emails below. If not, just continue to refer to yourself as “The Rock” in your head and we’re all good.